Monday, December 12, 2011

Letter from Alabama 12-12-11

Dear family,

Things are still going pretty well. glad to hear someone got interested in the church through mormon.org cuz we pretty much tell everyone we talk to about it and tell them to check it out. yes you told me about elder Olsen I haven't seen him I'll have to keep an eye out for him. My companion is good he's from vancouver WA. I haven't talked to the mission president or his wife since I got here but we will be having a christmas dinner party at their house tomorrow for the my zone (huntsville) and the madison zone. So that will be fun I'm sure there will be pictures up on the blog for that. Speaking of pictures I've taken a few and I will upload some for you next week. Yes we still bike a lot that's pretty much our only mode of transportation. The only time we ever use the car is for p-day and tomorrow since we will be going down to birmingham for the christmas dinner. Yes I remembered stacy's birthday Wish her a happy birthday from me! i can't believe she's 30! I also remembered it was st. Nicholas day sad I didnt get anything in my shoe haha. As far as christmas package goes idk. . . food probably I'm good with anything I guess a few things I like is lindor chocolates, cheeze its, (elder reed says mcdonalds) um but I can't really think of much else just good stuff I suppose haha. Um I haven't used either my bank of america account or my wells fargo account since I've been out here so I guess you could put the money in either. You really haven't heard anything from wolf???!! Can you please figure that out I should still have like another $2000 coming! I haven't heard from any of the other guys that came with me since we all got here so I have no idea if they've gotten thier visas or not. The people here are super nice they all believe in god and Jesus which helps and they all say the world needs more people like us but they are pretty set in their ways and usually not interested in learning more about our church. our stake did they're huge christmas festival this weekend they have it every year and the missionaries helped out we went on saturday and sunday it was really good! the choir and orchestra was amazing!! like one of the best I've ever heard and they had tons of nativity sets and they even had a live nativity set so pretty sweet. we met with our investigators micah and brad this week they are super nice and they read all teh chapters we gave them a couple times they took notes, brad even got the book of mormon on his Iphone and he he read the introduction and was trying to figure out all the history of the lamanites nephites and even the jaredites and he just had a ton of questions me and Elder Bacon didn't even know where to begin! needless to say I was pretty nervous. We were able to make it through though taught them about the spirit and recieving answers to prayers they have a hard time accepting anything but the bible but it seems like they are really trying so I hope their hearts will be softened!! I now even have my own pocket bible and I have seen eggbeater Jesus so I feel like a true alabama elder! (eggbeater jesus is just this huge mural and this church and where his feet should be it just looks like eggbeaters so everyone down here calls him eggbeater jesus.) Other than that nothing too new just learning everyday! Love you guys and I appreciate all your thoughts prayers and letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment